The Most Recent
Starting Point: San Antonio, Texas
Finishing Point: Tulsa, Oklahoma
State Capitals: 33
• Pennsylvania is the only one of the 13 original states that doesn't border the Atlantic Ocean.
• You’re never more than 60 miles from salt water in any place in Florida.
• Indiana is the smallest state west of the Appalachian Mountains in the continental United States.
• The state of Kansas has more than 6,000 “ghost towns.”
• Maine is the only state that shares its border with only one other state.
• The Great Salt Lake has no fish living in it.
March 31, 2021
Most recently updated on February 12, 2023 Originally posted on March 31, 2021 Our virtual route today is a pretty straight north-to-south shot through the middle […]
April 1, 2021
Most recently updated on February 13, 2023 Originally posted on April 1, 2021 New Orleans is our finale today, but we have an interesting road filled […]
April 2, 2021
Most recently updated on February 14, 2023 Originally posted on April 2, 2021 We’re back on Interstate 10 this morning, heading east on the Day 14 […]
April 3, 2021
Most recently updated on February 15, 2023 Originally posted on April 3, 2021 We are Florida-bound today as we begin week 3 of our virtual journey. […]
April 4, 2021
Most recently updated on February 16, 2023 Originally posted on April 4, 2021 Today, we head in the direction of Georgia. To get there from St. […]
April 5, 2021
Most recently updated on February 17, 2023 Originally posted on April 5, 2021 There are three states on the agenda for Day 17 of this virtual […]
February 13, 2021
There are two basic equations that tend to ignite California’s constant debate over who should get how much of the state’s precious water supply. The first […]
July 9, 2020
The United States has been a nation of immigrants ever since the first European settlers arrived in the 1600s and began forming the colonies. For the […]
July 17, 2020
The words “Love Canal” are synonymous with toxic water pollution. That’s due, in great part, to a young reporter named Michael Brown who worked for the […]